WHO WE ARE
Different Eyes Limited is the operator of the website www.jackroyd-developments.co.uk. Different Eyes Ltd and our subsidiary Different Peers Ltd, collect, use and are responsible for certain information about you. When we do so, we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws. The person responsible for how we handle personal information is Neil Jagger email@example.com .
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
Personal information provided by you
In the course of operating our business, we collect personal information when you provide it to us, such as your name, postal address, email address, phone numbers and payment details.
We also collect personal information from you if you apply for a job with us or work for us for any period of time. In this context, personal information we gather may include: contact details, financial and payment details, details of education, qualifications and skills, marital status, nationality, NI number, job title, and CV. To understand more about the legal basis, we collect information please go to Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
Personal information provided by third parties
Occasionally we may receive personal information from other sources e.g. referrals.
If you apply for a job with us, we may receive information from the people who provide references.
Personal information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else as an alternate contact, referee or next of kin, you confirm that the other person has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices;
HOW AND WHEN DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU?
We gather information directly from you when you contact us via phone or email, through the sharing of business cards and when you take up our services. We also collect personal information when you send us feedback.
WHEN WE WILL CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON ABOUT YOU?
If you provide us with details of any other person, we can contact to discuss your order, we may contact that person and discuss and share the details of your order with that person and deal with that person in relation to your order as if that person was you. We may particularly want to do this if we are unable to get in touch with you for any reason. If you change your mind, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you provide us the details of a person who we can contact for a job reference, we may contact that person in connection with your job application.
WHO YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED WITH
We may disclose your personal data to:
- any person or agency if we need to share that information to comply with the law or to enforce any agreement, we may have with you or to protect the health and safety of any person;
- any person who you have named as a person we can contact to discuss your account;
- any person who we are negotiating with as a potential buyer of our business or property or if we are proposing to merge our business with another business;
If we use an outside party to process your information, we will require them to comply with our instructions in connection with the services they provide for us and not for their own business purposes.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those people processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUT OF THE EEA
We will not transfer your personal data outside of the United Kingdom OR European Economic Area or to any organisation (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will usually hold your personal information as a customer or employee on our system for the period we are required to retain this information by applicable UK law, currently 12 years from the end of our contract (Customer) or 6 years (employee) or 6 months after any unsuccessful job application, unless you have told us you want us to delete the information earlier. (For more information go to ‘What Rights do you have’
- Email: email@example.com
- Or write to us at Different Eyes Ltd, 28 Blakehall Drive, Mirfield, WF14 9NL.
We take complaints very seriously. If you think the collection or use of personal data is unfair, misleading or inappropriate, or have any other concern about data processing, please raise this with the business in the first instance.
Alternatively, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office:
- Report a concern online at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
- Call 0303 123 1113
- Or write to: Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Reasons We Can Collect And Use Your Personal Information
We rely on a different lawful basis for collecting and using personal data in different situations.
Where you make enquiries with us before you become a customer, we need to collect personal information about you so that we can take steps to enter into a contract with you. Once you have become a customer, we need to collect and use personal information to provide services to you and to claim our right to be paid in return for our services under our standard terms of business/contract with you. This includes collecting and using your personal information to:
- enable us to follow up on enquiries made by you in relation to our services in accordance with industry guidelines and to give you our quote;
- prepare an agreement with you;
- contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for or to provide information you have requested;
- deal with payment for our services;
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you; and
- resolve disputes or collect overdue payments.
If you apply for a job with us, we will collect and use personal information to process your application and check references. If you take a job with us, we will collect and use your personal information to enter into an employment contract with you and to administer the employment relationship, including making payments to you, accounting for tax, ensuring safe working practices, monitoring and managing staff access to systems and facilities, monitoring absences and performance and conducting assessments.
We collect and use personal information from our customers and staff to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we will take copies of documents that identify you as eligible to live and work in the UK.
Legitimate business interests
Our priority is to make sure we give a high quality and secure service to customers and to follow up effectively on enquiries even though we accept that not all enquiries will lead to a business relationship or contract. We collect personal information to:
- follow up on enquiries in accordance with industry guidelines and provide quotes for our services;
- improve our services;
- detect and prevent fraud;
- prevent offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content being sent to or to stop any other form of disruptive behaviour.
What Rights Do You Have
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights. These include the following rights:
- request a copy of your information which we hold (subject access request);
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold;
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations;
- require us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes. (However Different Eyes Ltd and its subsidiary Different Peers Ltd do not operate direct marketing);
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information;
- restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or which affect you significantly; and
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations.
Further information on each of these rights is available from the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please:
- email, call or write to us;
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
We will not charge any fee for any of these services in most cases.